Do creative and arts professionals need resume writing assistance?
The purpose of a well-written resume is to get you the interviews you want. How do you stand out among other applicants? Clarity, focus, and readability can help.
Hiring professionals skim multiple resumes in a short amount of time. Resume selection decisions are often based on whether a resume matches the job requirements and if this match is easy to see.
My goal is to help you get the job interviews you want – faster – with a clear, professional-looking, highly readable resume. A resume does not just capture your past results; it positions you strategically for your future career direction.
For resume writing, we work together to review your career history, select important achievements, and phrase them in compelling ways. Your goals, unique differentiators, experience, and voice drive the process. I also give you additional ideas and tools for a strategic job search.
My goals in this process are to:
- help you hone your job search strategy (potential employer selection, company/market research, and the balance of online job applications and networking)
- articulate your measurable accomplishments in line with the target roles
- save you time while helping you focus your professional brand
- equip you with strategies for following up and networking effectively
- Schedule a free introductory call (~15 min) to discuss your goals.
- Email me your current resume, salary requirements, and 1-3 links to desired roles.
- Get a customized fee and invoice. Pay via PayPal (US) or Interac (Canada).
- Complete a phone consultation (~45 min) where I collect additional information about your goals and achievements. We discuss your career history to position you for your desired roles.
- Go through revisions and get your finalized package.
- Schedule a Career Strategy Session (optional).
- I am a member of Career Professionals of Canada and have been writing resumes for various industries and career levels since 2014.
- I listen intently to understand your career history, goals, and potential employers.
- I consider your immediate career goals and ask specific questions to gather data about your (transferrable) accomplishments.
- Together, we focus on the skills and results that your target employers want to see. I create concise, high-impact documents while also offering ideas to help you better plan your job search.
- I support you beyond the resume and share career development suggestions for your specific situation.
|Executive resume and cover letter (Director, VP, C-Level Executive)||$795 – $895|
|Professional or Management resume and cover letter (6 – 15 years of experience)||$595 – $795|
|Entry-level resume and cover letter (recent graduate or under 5 years of experience)||$495 – $595|
All sales are final. All orders include a phone consultation to define your achievements (up to 45 min) and 2 revisions within 10 business days from the date of the first draft. At the end of the service, I also provide guidelines on how to use your new resume.
A strong resume is just one component of your career strategy. The whole process includes researching potential employers, networking, customizing your career documents, following up, preparing for interviews, and negotiating salary once you get an offer. If you need help with any of these stages, let’s talk.
“Today is my first day at my new job! It is a dream job, my boss is a fantastic collaborator and very supportive, I have a flexible WFH schedule, AND, because I asked, I received a salary 13% higher than initially offered. Thank you again for all of your help, expertise, and encouragement. I couldn’t have done it without you and your amazing skills.” — Communications Executive
View a sales resume sample.
Read my Career Services Blog.
Schedule a free phone consultation.